Photography by Alana Harris
Small Bowl: Avenue Pottery – West Palm Beach Local!
Larger Bowl: Thomas for Rosenthal
Vegan Pesto for the Win…
I have always been a big pesto fan. I love it on anything from pizza to pasta to dunking bread into it, it is just too good. It’s even delicious spread on toast topped with some avocado and tomato for a breakfast/lunch treat. However, some of the mentioned above aren’t the healthiest for everyday life. So I have been making vegan pesto to lighten up the Italian classic & putting it over zucchini noodles for a light lunch or dinner side.
Not into Zucchini noodles? Try it on whatever you heart desires! It is even good as a dip with yummy crackers or veggies.
- 1-2 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp of lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pink salt & peper to taste
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor & blend until smooth.
- Pour desired amount over zucchini noodles & toss to coat.
- Store the remaining pesto in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- For this recipe, I use my small food processor and my new spiralizer both linked below.