Since a lot of you seemed to love my idea to share recipes on Very Allegra, I am dedicating this one to you! It only makes sense that I should start with my favorite, go-to recipes. I cook a lot and like to try different recipes all the time (thanks to Pinterest) but I definitely have some favorites that I cook over & over again.
This green smoothie is definitely a go-to.
My favorite vegan cafe in Palm Beach, The Island Bee, (which is also where my jewelry store is located) has this one green smoothie named “The Whole Lotta Love.” It is one of the most magical smoothies I have ever had…Yes, I am aware that I just described a smoothie as magical, but really it is so creamy and delicious. The green smoothie is also so filling so it holds you over for hours! However, it is also almost $16 because of all the high quality, organic goodness that goes inside of it. So I’ll admit, I splurge and order it every once & awhile (or when I have a free smoothie on my rewards card) but I was determined to recreate it at home.
The Whole Lotta Love at home…
I would have never thought to add mint & fresh ginger to a smoothie, but that is what makes this smoothie so yummy. I make a variation of this all the time for breakfast, a snack, or a light lunch on the go. It is so easy, I throw everything into my trusty Vitamix, blend, top with my favorite seeds, coconut & granola and enjoy! I have included links to some of the ingredients under the recipe).
- 3/4 to 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Frozen Banana
- 1 Large Handful of Spinach or Kale Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of Raw Unsweetened Almond Butter
- 1 Thumb Size Piece of Ginger, peeled (about a 2 inch piece)
- 1 Sprig of Mint (about 6 leaves)
- 3/4 Scoop Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder or Collegen Peptides
- 1 Pitted Medjool Date
- 1 Dash of Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Dash of Cardamon (optional)
- 1 Handful of Ice
- Granola (my favorite brand is Purely Elizabeth)
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Add all the smoothie ingredients into your blender & blend until smooth & desired consistency.
- Add desired amount of granola to bottom of glass
- Pour smoothie into glass on top of granola
- Top with a sprinkle of hemp seeds, chia seeds, & unsweetened shredded coconut.
- For thicker smoothies, use less almond milk & for thinner smoothies, use more almond milk
- You can also add chia seeds, hemp seeds, & coconut to the blender but I like to add them on top after blended.
- This is also great with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries